Re: xml:* attributes

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 3:30 PM, James Clark <jjc@jclark.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, August 16, 2012, John Cowan wrote:
>

>> On reflection, I'd like to see option A-prime, in which colons are not
>> allowed except in the form "xml:something".
>>

> I am confused.  How is this different from Option C?

C. the xml: [prefix] is reserved, and must only be used for
> attributes described in the spec

I think the difference is that no statement of reservation, and no
definition of xml:* attributes in the spec.  I was going to remark that
John's proposal is more like a C-prime, but that seems nit-picky.

So according to John's separate thread there would still be a general
statement of reservation of [xX] [mM] [lL], a la XML 1.0's, but not with
self-reference to the MicroXML spec for the permitted uses.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com