Re: Subset Data Model

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13 August 2012 23:25, Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't see what's so hard to get about uXML.
> >
> > Murray
>

> Which perhaps exemplifies the 'them and us' gap of which David Lee speaks?
>
> A long standing beef with W3C/ISO is that they write for implementers.
> Perhaps, not being a document targeted for rec status could address this
> and produce the user guide to accompany a spec, to provide rationale,
> explanations and 'the sales pitch'?
>
> If uXML is written only for the expert

Yesterday I wrote in two separate messages that it's not only for the XML
expert.  I  see nothing in MicroXML so far that would exclude the novice.

 I agree it simply won't gain traction.

There really is nothing to respond to such assertions but "we shall see."
 And I think that's the last thing I'll be saying in response to questions
such as "what's the point of MicroXML?"  I'm turning my attention now
strictly to its development.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com