Re: Subset Data Model

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 3:18 PM, David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com> wrote:

> If the target audience were those who are experts in XML I would
> agree            with you, But again, I am not talking about theory I am
> asking about practicality and usefulness.
>
> **

So am I.  MicroXML is all about practicality and usefulness. That is not to
say it will please everyone.

 The target audience of uXML (from people who claim to speak for it) seems
> to be those who are specifically NOT experts in XML hence the "subtleties"
> of the distinction between the various XML specs is extremely significant
> to achieve the target goal (which is btw ... what ?)

The target goal has ben stated many times, and was just confirmed by John
Cowan a few minutes ago in this very thread.  The target audience includes
XML experts and non-experts.

> Simple question:  Can you describe simply to someone who is not
> comfortable using XML but would be comfortable using uXML exactly what
> tools he/she would be able to use which would work ?

Yes. The answer is: all tools that work with XML 1.0.

>   You had to be very careful (your words) to say "XML 1.0".    Someone who
> knows the difference between "XML 1.0" and say , an Elephant doesn't seem
> to be the target audience of uXML ... hence I disagree that my arguments
> don't pass muster.

You've lost me there.

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net