Re: Subset Data Model

On 13 August 2012 14:46, David Lee <David.Lee@marklogic.com> wrote:

> For good reasons (and ones I agree with) If MicroXML is to be successful as
> an XML 'drop in' it needs to be a pure subset.   That is, as stated in the
> specs any valid MicroXML document is a valid XML Document.

I hope that is separable from the next item.

> Great.
>
> But I fear that is not enough.   If MicroXML is creating its own DataModel I
> suggest the DataModel needs to be equivalently compatible with the XML Data
> Model (XDM).

So where is the advantage of MicroXML David? This (to me) sounds like too
much of a constraint?

I agree a tighter definition of 'a subset of XML' needs defining... I'd like to
think that doesn't extend to the data model used?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.