RE: Starting point

A little off the wall and probably dumb ... but .... just to make sure
Is there any reason that <? xxx ?> has to be recognized as anything other than text ? That is, does it need to be part of the data model ?
Could it not just be valid text content ?
PHP wouldn't care ... other processors could look for <? xxx ?> within text nodes instead of expecting a PI node.

David Lee
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
dlee@marklogic.com
Phone: +1 650-287-2531
Cell:  +1 812-630-7622
www.marklogic.com

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.