Re: Alan Kotok

From: Leslie Maltz <lmaltz@columbia.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:15:01 -0400
To: public-memoria@w3.org

I've know Alan Kotok since 1971 and will always remember him for his
smile, humor, enthusiasm, and wisdom.  It is sad to realize that most of
the founders of the PDP/DEC-10 are no longer with us.  Collectively,
their enthusiasm and creativity lead to careers for many of us who had
the pleasure of knowing them and using the fruits of their labor.  As
the final chairperson of the DECUS Large Systems SIG, I send the
condolences of several generations who built our careers around the
systems that took us from punch cards to keyboards and from the KA-10
through the DECsystems.  I will recall my many memories of Alan every
time I look at my PDP-10 console.  To those who knew him and his family,
please know how much he changed our lives.  Alan, we will miss you.

Leslie Maltz