Re: Media Fragments - Video fragment temporal loop

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 23:18:50 +0700
To: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Leeroy <soupress@gmail.com>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM, Raphaël Troncy
<raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr> wrote:
> Dear Philip,
>

>> Blink just pauses when playing past the end time. However, HTML
>> actually only integrates with the fragment start time (by setting the
>> initial playback position) so I would argue that doing anything at all
>> with the fragment end time is wrong.
>

> You can argue this, but this is *NOT* what the media fragments URI
> specification says.

The MF spec doesn't define the behavior of HTMLMediaElement, HTML
does. Neither spec says anything about what where HTMLMediaElement
should pause, seek or fire events when there's a fragment end time,
and yet Blink does something that other browsers would have to reverse
engineer to be compatible with. I think the place to fix this is in
HTML, so I'd be happy to see a bug filed.

Philip