Re: Generic syntax

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
>> I guess you're talking about the algorithm in
>> <http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/#processing-name-value-components>,
>> right? That's my little creation, too bad it doesn't work for you. How
>> about changing it to produce a list of (name, value) tuples where name
>> and value are byte sequences, and then letting MF do UTF-8 conversion
>> while discarding invalid input? In other words, remove step 2b and add
>> it as a separate step.
>
> Yeah, that's exactly how we'd generalize it I think.

Cool, do you think it should go in a separate spec or how do you want
to organize it?

I must ask though, why is it necessary to support non-UTF-8 encodings
for Zip URLs at all?

I'll also note that Presto actually supported something like this, but
I think it was only used internally (for skin files) and the syntax
was (I think) foo.zip/fileinzip.

Philip