Re: Getting an implementation report from WebKit

On Jan 22, 2012, at 4:39 AM, Raphaël Troncy wrote:

>> WebKit is now part of our implementation report [1] (thx Eric!) and
>> passes all the temporal NPT test cases ^^.
>
> Excellent news! Thanks to Eric and David for this work!
> Two questions:
>  - Is there a planned Safari build that will use this WebKit version so that we can show media fragments URI implementation in a browser?

  We don't usually talk about unreleased products, but as Silvia noted you can download a nightly build of WebKit[1] which will work with the version of Safari installed on your machine.

>  - When downloading the Google Chrome Canary at [1] which should use the latest Chromium and therefore the latest WebKit, and pointing to [2], the start fragment is indeed detected but not the end fragment, that is, the media is played until the end. Why?

  Do you mean that playback does not automatically stop at at 100, or that "Fragment End" always says 0? If the later, that is to be expected as the page uses a Mozilla-specific media element attribute, "mozFragmentEnd", to expose the fragment end time:

<script type="application/javascript">
  function update() {
    document.getElementById('fs').innerHTML = document.getElementById('v').initialTime;
    document.getElementById('fe').innerHTML = document.getElementById('v').mozFragmentEnd;
  }
</script>

<video id="v" src="AudioAPI.webm#t=50,100" onloadedmetadata="update()" onpause="update()" onplay="update()" onseeked="update()" controls=""></video>

  If playback doesn't automatically stop at 100, please file a bug report.

eric

[1] http://nightly.webkit.org/