Re: Media Fragments Working Group: 14 September CANCELLED

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:30:31 +1000
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
I am still in the US and going to the W3C Web and TV workshop next week.

There was mention of a need for media fragment URIs at OVC in relation
to chapter navigation and in relation to search for caption content.
People were excited to hear that the specs exist and that some
implementations are happening. This was mostly as part of the
accessibility session.

Many other things were discussed related to WebRTC, HTTP adaptive
streaming etc, but not really relevant to media fragments directly.

You can find some "proceedings", i.e. notes of the discussions, at
http://www.openetherpad.org/ovc2011 .