Re: User Script adds (temporal NPT) Media Fragments URI support to Safari, Firefox & Chrome

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 08:52:12 +0100
To: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Thomas,

On 18/11/2011 12:02, Thomas Steiner wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have just released a User Script that adds temporal NPT Media
> Fragments URI support to Safari, Firefox&  Chrome.
>
> User scripts work…
>
> * on Firefox via the Greasemonkey extension [1];
> * on Safari via the NinjaKit extension [2];
> * on Chrome just natively.
>
> In order to install the User Script, first install the potentially
> required User Script extension for your browser, and then navigate to
> http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/userscript.html, and just click the
> "install the User Script" link at the top. After the install process,
> reload the page, and you should see that the videos will respect the
> Media Fragments URIs (for stupid codec reasons, the videos require
> Chrome).
>
> The User Script reacts on DOMNodeInserted events, which means it
> should even work for dynamic Ajax sites that add new video elements
> dynamically. You can check the source code of the script at [3]. This
> User Script is of course based on top of mediafragments.js :-) For
> extra fun, navigate to
> http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/dizzy.mp4#t=10,20. You should see
> that the video starts at 10s, and pauses at 20s (this works on Safari
> and Chrome).
Great stuff. Is it supposed to update the media fragment playback after
a browser refresh? It works for me the first time I load the fragment.
However, if I change the media fragment in the browser (e.g., from
t=10,20 to t=15), then do a refresh of the page, the video starts from
position 0s (BTW: running in Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 m).

Best regards,

Davy

--
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab