From: Thomas Steiner [mailto:tomac@google.com]
Sent: 16 November 2011 17:00
To: Media Fragment; Erik Mannens; yl2@ecs.soton.ac.uk; Davy Van Deursen
Subject: Implementation Report for mediafragments.js

Dear Erik, Davy, Yunjia, all,

I am happy to announce that mediafragments.js passes all test cases as
specified in [1]* (with TC0026-UA in the corrected version). You can run the
tests on your own [2], additional unit tests are available, too [3]. You can
interactively play with the library [4], where the raw JSON data as well as
a pretty-printed version of the parsed results can be seen. The source code
is on GitHub [5]. This
(hopefully) closes my action to deliver an implementation report to the
Working Group.

Yunjia, you might consider upgrading to the latest version.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. I consider releasing a
user script [6] based on the library that - at least for temporal and
spatial fragments - should add support to all browsers that support user
scripts.

Best,
Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases
*) The library can of course not check for things that require low-level
access to a media item (like resolution, length, chapters).
[2] http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/implementationtests.html
[3] http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/unittests.html
[4] http://tomayac.com/mediafragments/mediafragments.html
[5] https://github.com/tomayac/Media-Fragments-URI
[6] http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/authoring.html

--
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.