Re: comments on spatial media fragment (a broadcaster's perspective)

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:11:46 +0100, Duncan Rowden
<Duncan.Rowden@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> 2)      I couldn't see anywhere in your document anything regarding
> switching between spatial regions. From a broadcaster / content provider
> perspective it would be highly desirable if the switching mechanism
> didn't affect the video pipeline (i.e. no delays to video playback).
> Could this possibly be added in?

Assuming we are still talking about <video>, the only way to change the
fragment is by setting the src attribute, which invokes the resource
selection algorithm and causes all state to be lost. This is not something
the MF spec can do anything about, it'd have to be a change in HTML.

If scripts need to be involved anyway, maybe slicing the video by
modifying CSS would be an alternative?

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer