Re: Concerns about backwards compatibility of media fragments

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 15:08:04 -0400
To: "Hausenblas, Michael" <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org
On 5/6/11 3:00 PM, Hausenblas, Michael wrote:
> Boris,
>
> I did the analysis, see [1], but I don't see fragments explicitly mentioned in the registration document, hence maybe the confusion.

Ah.  They're not in the registration document, but that's presumably
just because the template in RFC 4288 doesn't ask for that information.

The registration does link to SVG 1.1 as the published specification
that describes behavior of this media type, and SVG 1.1 section 5.3.1
clearly says that IRI references are used extensively for particular
purposes by SVG.

-Boris