Re: revisit the change from #id to #chapter addressing

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:17:54 +1000
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
2011/6/15 Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>:
> 2011/6/15 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>:
>> Dear all,
>>> I'd like us to revisit the change of the named dimension addressing
>>> from #id to #chapter.
>> This discussion hasn't been picked up yet by the working group! It will be
>> an important item on tomorrow's telecon agenda. Could you please state your
>> opinion regarding the re-renaming of the 4th dimension for addressing media
>> fragments from "chapter" back to "id"?
> Note that I am not suggesting #id as the only possible option. I
> actually quite liked the proposal of Davy to call it #cue. Or we can
> do something neutral like #interval or #segment .
>> One question for Silvia: we have defined the value for the "chapter"
>> dimension in the Collected ABNF Syntax for (Media Fragments) URI as a
>> "unistring" so any Unicode code point. I doubt that the getCueById function
>> defined in TextTrackCueList can have any Unicode code point for the id,
>> right? What are the syntax restrictions?
> Any Unicode code point.

Actually, a little more specifically:
But it doesn't matter as long as it is a subpart of what we define. We
are not just talking about WebVTT here, we are also talking about any
other mechanism that allows giving a time interval a name, which
includes TTML, SRT, a server side DB string - really anything. With
"unistring" we are inclusive of all these, so there is no problem.