Re: action 217

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> wrote:
> - 6.3.4 just realised that there are some media containers (quicktime, notably) where tracks aren't valid for all temporal ranges, i.e. tracks can come and go. In this case, will all available tracks be known at the time the headers of the media have been received? Dave?
>
> - 6.3.4 it we allow for tracks that don't extend over the whole media duration, how about applying track=track1&t=10,20 to a media item where there is no overlap between the given track and the time range?

These are basically the same problem. I don't think you can know what
tracks are available at the start of a resource. It may be a live
stream and tracks may come in at a later time. So, the resolution of a
track probably has to be done once the time dimension has been
resolved. If there is no track, there obviously is nothing to
deliver/extract, so it's probably an error.