Fwd: Discontinuing UK and FR dial-in numbers for Zakim

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:54:31 +0200
To: "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

FYI,

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Discontinuing UK and FR dial-in numbers for Zakim
Date de renvoi : Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:06:57 +0000
De (renvoi) : chairs@w3.org
Date : Mon, 11 Jul 2011 13:06:43 -0400
De : Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
Répondre à : ted@w3.org
Pour : w3c-tools <w3c-tools@w3.org>, chairs <chairs@w3.org>

Previously we announced our intent to discontinue the UK and FR
telephone dial-in numbers for Zakim in favor of a VoIP solution.

http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP

We have found the providers used to be costly and inconsistent not to
mention it raises inquiries of supporting additional dial-in numbers for
more countries.  We chose to instead invest in VoIP as an international
solution.

We will drop these numbers at the end of the month, please alert your
Working Groups.

The US number will remain available.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>