W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > July 2011

minutes of 2011-07-06 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 12:09:03 +0200
Message-ID: <4E14343F.1020304@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's phone telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below).

   RaphaŽl

--------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
06 Jul 2011
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jul/0003.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           raphael, chris, davy, yves, thomas, silvia
    Regrets
           jack, philip
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael
Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]2. Spec Maintenance
          3. [7]3. Test Cases
          4. [8]4. HTML5 liaison
          5. [9]5. AOB
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 06 July 2011

1. Admin

    PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the last week telecon,
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/29-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/29-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <davy> +1

    +1

    <doublec> +1

    minutes accepted

    ACTION-203?

    <trackbot> ACTION-203 -- Thomas Steiner to build a media fragment
    URI parser in javascript -- due 2011-01-31 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/203

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/203

    ACTION-230?

    <trackbot> ACTION-230 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to open a questionnaire for
    splitting out or not (the section 5.2 of) the spec -- due 2011-06-29
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/230

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/230

    close ACTION-230

    <trackbot> ACTION-230 Open a questionnaire for splitting out or not
    (the section 5.2 of) the spec closed

    Raphael: results of the poll have shown by a short majority to not
    split the spec at this stage

2. Spec Maintenance

    ACTIOn-229?

    <trackbot> ACTION-229 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to bring the CSS/SVG/Media
    Fragments possible issues to the CG group -- due 2011-06-29 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/229

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/229

    <doublec> Sounds good

    <tomayac> +1

    <davy> +1

    Raphael: we should perhaps say explicitely in the spec that the
    behaviour of multi resolution images is undefined for media
    fragments

    <erik> +1

    Raphael: this will address the comments from fantasai
    ... should we edit
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#media-fragment-display ?

      [15] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#media-fragment-display

    Yves: rather after
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#naming-space in a note

      [16] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#naming-space

    <Yves> Note that in the case of pixel-based clipping areas,
    application of those areas to multi-resolution visual media is
    undefined.

    <Yves> (multi-resolutions)

    Chris: send comments regarding the ABNF syntax of npt

    Yves: indeed, the grammar is just here for validating the syntax ...
    you need to do your own parsing rules to implement the grammar
    ... I will look at my own parser since I don't remember to have any
    issues
    ... I will check if my grammar is in syn with the spec

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to check if his grammar is in synch with the
    latest version of the spec [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-231 - Check if his grammar is in synch
    with the latest version of the spec [on Yves Lafon - due
    2011-07-13].

3. Test Cases

    ACTION-223?

    <trackbot> ACTION-223 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to start up a thread for
    discussion and approval of all test cases for the UA for the
    temporal dimension -- due 2011-06-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/223

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/223

    close ACTION-223

    <trackbot> ACTION-223 Start up a thread for discussion and approval
    of all test cases for the UA for the temporal dimension closed

    Raphael: no discussion on this thread?
    ... does it mean you *all* agree?

    Davy: if I remember, Opera has some facility to run a test suite and
    test the browser

    Chris: we have also a framework to run a test suite

    <doublec>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases

    Chris: I will look at how the TC are written in a machine readable
    way

    <davy>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.n3

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.n3

    <davy>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.rdf

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/TC/ua-test-cases.rdf

    <scribe> ACTION: Chris to use the machine readable descriptions of
    the test cases (n3, rdf) for adapting to the Mozilla test suite
    framework [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-232 - Use the machine readable
    descriptions of the test cases (n3, rdf) for adapting to the Mozilla
    test suite framework [on Chris Double - due 2011-07-13].

    <doublec> Ok, thanks

    Thread to consider
    [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Ju
    n/0050.html

      [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jun/0050.html

    <silvia> I haven't reviewed the recent list either - I did lots
    earlier - Chris's suggestion sounds good

    Raphael: 34 remaining TC that should be valid

    Chris: I can take the range 66 to 94 and write to the list by
    tomorrow

    <tomayac> can you simply assign them? raphael?

    Silvia: I do 27 to 65

    Thomas: I do 6 to 26

    Raphael: we review those batches next week depending on the problems
    encountered

4. HTML5 liaison

    Raphael: what is the overall HTML5 timeline?

    Silvia: I haven't look at our bugs since a while

    [24]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723

      [24] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723

    <doublec> I'll comment in 10723 what I plan to implement

    thanks Chris

    Raphael: loop attribute, will it be deprecated?

    [25]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12426

      [25] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12426

    Chris: we can revisit the loop attribute by changing to the in media
    element
    ... int fragment
    ... I will edit the bug with this

    <silvia>
    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0162.htm
    l

      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0162.html

    <doublec> Yep, I'll comment on the bugs after the call

    Raphael: should we organize a group review of the HTML5 spec?
    ... or will the bugs entered be enough?

    <doublec> I think the entered bugs are enough

    <tomayac> i guess we're fine w/ the entered bugs

    Silvia: I'm not keen to do a full review of the spec, this is a lot
    of reading

5. AOB

    Silvia: when we transition to CR?

    Raphael: just after CSS review of the spec
    ... exiting CR will require to have 2 implementations for all
    features, some features might get out of the spec if they are not
    implemented
    ... all implementations count (from the group and from outsiders)

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Chris to use the machine readable descriptions of the
    test cases (n3, rdf) for adapting to the Mozilla test suite
    framework [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to check if his grammar is in synch with the
    latest version of the spec [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2011/07/06-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 6 July 2011 10:09:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:52:46 UTC