W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > January 2011

minutes of 2011-01-12 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 12:00:56 +0100
Message-ID: <4D2D89E8.3070602@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's phone telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).

The short executive summary is:
   - Raphael to review Philip's patch and include them in the main spec 
in order to close ISSUE-19
   - Silvia to mail the group regarding which more HTML5 bugs she would 
like to open given Ian closed bug 10723
   - Davy to add the RTSP processing as an appending in the main document
Best regards,

   RaphaŽl

---------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
12 Jan 2011
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jan/0004.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Raphael, Thomas, Davy, Yves
    Regrets
           Erik
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael

Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. ADMIN
          2. [6]2. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION
          3. [7]3. HTML5 BUG:
          4. [8]4. RTSP processing
          5. [9]5. Use Cases
          6. [10]6. Test Cases
          7. [11]7. AOB
      * [12]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 12 January 2011

1. ADMIN

    Yves: management team discussing this afternoon about charter
    renewing
    ... I think it makes sense to have another LC step, but very short,
    2 weeks
    ... given the substantial changes made
    ... and so we give time to get more comments

    Raphael: will this enable to have the RTSP part in the document?

    Yves: the problem will be to get implementations

    Davy: we have a server side implementation of RTSP

    Yves: I think that separate note for RTSP would be better

    Raphael: poll is controversial on this aspect
    ... results are:
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/rtsp-processing/results

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/rtsp-processing/results

    Propose to accept the minutes of the last week telecon:

    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <davy> +1

    +1

    <Yves> +1

    <davy> +1

    <tomayac> +1

    minutes accepted

2. MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION

    ACTION-199?

    <trackbot> ACTION-199 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to add a clarification text
    regarding the purpose of the grammar -- due 2010-11-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/199

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/199

    close ACTION-199

    <trackbot> ACTION-199 Add a clarification text regarding the purpose
    of the grammar closed

    ACTION-200?

    <trackbot> ACTION-200 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to send a proposal to close
    ISSUE-19 that consists in: clarification text + normative parsing
    algorithm -- due 2010-11-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/200

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/200

    close ACTION-200

    <trackbot> ACTION-200 Send a proposal to close ISSUE-19 that
    consists in: clarification text + normative parsing algorithm closed

    ISSUE-19?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-19 -- Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF
    spec itself -- open

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/19

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/19

    Raphael: we cannot close this issue yet
    ... Philip sent patches that I have to review
    ... and include them in the document

    ACTION-196?

    <trackbot> ACTION-196 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to address comments from the
    Media Annotations WG and draft a reply -- due 2010-11-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/196

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/196

3. HTML5 BUG:

    ACTION-205?

    <trackbot> ACTION-205 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to send the MF
    clarification text to the HTML mailinglist -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/205

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/205

    close ACTION-205

    <trackbot> ACTION-205 Send the MF clarification text to the HTML
    mailinglist closed

    ACTION-206?

    <trackbot> ACTION-206 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to reopen the MF bug in the
    HTML5 bug tracker -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/206

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/206

    close ACTION-206

    <trackbot> ACTION-206 Reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker
    closed

    Raphael: Ian has closed the bug again
    ... he complains because we have 2 issues in one bug
    ... first issue, he replied

    "For comment 10 issue 1: the spec already says as much as it needs
    to say on the

    subject: "If either the media resource or the address of the current
    media

    resource indicate a particular start time, then set the initial
    playback

    position to that time and then seek seek to that time." (in the
    resource fetch

    algorithm)

    scribe: second issue, he replied

    "For comment 10 issue 2: that's a browser UI issue and out of scope
    of specs

    such as HTML.

    See also [21]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723

      [21] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10723

    Yves: I agree with Ian for comment on issue 1
    ... I suggest to defer to Silvia for comment on issue 2

    Thomas: I think Ian is correct for issue 2

    Raphael: Silvia indicates we should open more bugs and would like to
    discuss them
    ... I suggest that Silvia mails the group which bugs she would like
    we open

4. RTSP processing

    ISSUE-18?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-18 -- RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI --
    open

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/18

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/18

    ACTION-207?

    <trackbot> ACTION-207 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to setup a poll regarding
    the fact that RTSP will be discussed in a separate note -- due
    2010-12-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/207

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/207

    close ACTION-207

    <trackbot> ACTION-207 Setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP will
    be discussed in a separate note closed

    Results of the poll:
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/rtsp-processing/results

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/rtsp-processing/results

    scribe: 4 are for a separate note and 3 for inclusion in the main
    spec

    Yves, Thomas and Erik haven't replied yet

    Yves: I abstain

    Thomas: I don't have an opinion on this (lack of knowledge of RTSP),
    so I abstain as well

    Raphael: from the comments, the main fear is to delay the process
    ... but it seems we will have another LC anyway
    ... so I will rephrase the question: who is really *against* having
    this part in the main spec?

    Yves: my main concern is the delay to get the implementations of
    this part
    ... but this is not a main concern

    <scribe> ACTION: Davy to add the RTSP processing section as an
    appending to the main document [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-210 - Add the RTSP processing section as
    an appending to the main document [on Davy Van Deursen - due
    2011-01-19].

    Raphael: content to add is at
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_RTSP_Co
    mmunication
    ... I will ask ALL to commit to a date where we are all here for
    inviting Addison to a telecon

      [26] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_RTSP_Communication

5. Use Cases

    Raphael: NEC is a new member in the group
    ... one representant suggest a new use case, see
    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Ja
    n/0005.html

      [27] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2011Jan/0005.html

    Silvia: good use case but no more requirements that what we have

    Davy: perhaps he wants to have 2 regions in one URI ?
    ... perhaps he wants moving regions too

    Raphael: perhaps we could adapt our text in the UC document with
    this new input

6. Test Cases

    ACTIOn-209?

    <trackbot> ACTION-209 -- Davy Van Deursen to convert TCs from the
    wiki to an RDF version -- due 2010-12-15 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/209

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/209

    Davy: I'm working on it, hope to finish it by next week
    ... I'm also working on an HTML visualization so we don't have to
    look at the RDF

    <tomayac> (did everybody leave the call?)

    Davy: we will need an entire telecon about test cases to re-review
    them later on
    ... include-setup has been added in the meantime

7. AOB

    [silence]

    meeting adjourned

    <tomayac> same here

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Davy to add the RTSP processing section as an
    appending to the main document [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2011/01/12-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 12 January 2011 11:04:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:41 GMT