W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2010

minutes of 2010-09-29 teleconference

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:48:30 +0200
To: "Media Fragments Working Group WG" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <012c01cb5fdd$00528410$00f78c30$@ugent.be>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html  (and in text format
below). 

Best regards,

Davy

----------

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

             Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

29 Sep 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0075.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Yves, Davy, Raphael

   Regrets
          Silvia, Erik

   Chair
          Erik

   Scribe
          davy

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ADMIN
         2. [6]MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION:
         3. [7]PUBLIC COMMENTS
         4. [8]AOB
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 29 September 2010

   <raphael> Chair: Raphael

ADMIN

   <scribe> scribenick: davy

   <raphael> [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html

   PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 22 September 2010 telecon:

   [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/22-mediafrag-minutes.html

   +1

   <Yves> +1

   <raphael> +1

   RESOLUTION: minutes accepted

   <raphael> ACTIOn-183?

   <trackbot> ACTION-183 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to send reminders to all
   relevant groups -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/183

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/183

   raphael: will finish that today

   <raphael> ACTIOn-185?

   <trackbot> ACTION-185 -- Yves Lafon to book zakim for the 2 days
   meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov -- due 2010-09-29 --
   OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185

   Yves: pending, will do that right now

   <raphael> TPAC registration:
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/TPAC/#Registration

   [15]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#Medi
   aF

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#MediaF

   <raphael> Registered persons for TPAC from the group:
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#Medi
   aF

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2010reg/registrants#MediaF

   <scribe> ACTION: troncy to remind Jack and Michael to register asap
   for TPAC [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-188 - Remind Jack and Michael to register
   asap for TPAC [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2010-10-06].

MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION:

   action-186?

   <trackbot> ACTION-186 -- Philip Jšgenstedt to send his list of test
   cases to the mailing list for understanding how browsers handle
   %-encodded and html-encoded URL -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/186

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/186

   <raphael>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Se
   p/0057.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Sep/0057.html

   Yves: wonder if the same thing can be obtained with firebug

   close action-186

   <trackbot> ACTION-186 Send his list of test cases to the mailing
   list for understanding how browsers handle %-encodded and
   html-encoded URL closed

   action-187?

   <trackbot> ACTION-187 -- Philip Jšgenstedt to start a new thread
   about extensibility of the Media Fragments in order to get consensus
   by next week -- due 2010-09-29 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/187

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/187

   raphael: people agreed with proposal (2) of Philip

   yves: would like to know the opinion of Jack

   raphael: first decide which proposal, afterwards decide how it is
   written in the spec

   yves: just against the fact that saying that all key-value pairs are
   media fragments

   raphael: on condition is that you need to have keys that we
   understand
   ... if this is not the case, it's not a media fragment

   yves: not in favour, but also not against this

   close action-187

   <trackbot> ACTION-187 Start a new thread about extensibility of the
   Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week closed

   raphael: philip would like to distinguish between validity and
   parsing

   yves: if we have grammar explaining what should be there, and a
   parsing algorithm, that's fine

   <raphael> Is this grammar could be
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Au
   g/0005.html

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Aug/0005.html

   yves: this is not a grammar
   ... it's a general approach to parse key-value pairs

   raphael: the grammar we currently have, will be kept of course

   <Yves> I propose, keep the current grammar and add the extension
   point, _and_ define a parsing algorithm for those who need it

   <Yves> mediasegment = namesegment / axissegment

   <Yves> axissegment = ( timesegment / spacesegment / tracksegment )

   <Yves> *( "&" ( timesegment / spacesegment / tracksegment )

   <Yves> ;

   <Yves> => add extensionsegment there

   yves: a mediasegment can't be only an extensionsegment

   <raphael> Yves propose that: mediasegment = namesegment /
   axissegment / extensionsegment + prose to state that a media segment
   cannot be only an extension segment

   yves: we have to state that extensions should remain compatible with
   the current spec
   ... e.g., bounding box (through xywh) as fallback for an arbitrary
   shape (through ref)

   <Yves> extensionsegment = extensionname '=' extensionvalue

   <raphael> extensionsegment = extensionprefix '=' extensionparam

   <Yves> issue is with extensions that conflict with already defined
   axis, like 'ref' being impacting the spatial dimension defined by
   'xywh'

   raphael: top-level production rules of the grammar should be in de
   document as well, not only in the appendix
   ... in section 4.3.5 or 4.1

   <scribe> ACTION: troncy to put the top-level production rules back
   into the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1) [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-189 - Put the top-level production rules
   back into the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1) [on RaphaŽl Troncy
   - due 2010-10-06].

   raphael: still missing is a paragraph how things should be parsed
   ... I will ask Philip regarding this issue

   close action-187

   <trackbot> ACTION-187 Start a new thread about extensibility of the
   Media Fragments in order to get consensus by next week closed

   action-173?

   <trackbot> ACTION-173 -- Yves Lafon to produce the code that will
   check the grammar of both the URI syntax and the Headers syntax --
   due 2010-06-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/173

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/173

   yves: not done yet for the header syntax

PUBLIC COMMENTS

   <raphael> ACTION-184?

   <trackbot> ACTION-184 -- Yves Lafon to email Chris the reply on when
   to send the range header -- due 2010-09-15 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/184

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/184

   close action-184

   <trackbot> ACTION-184 Email Chris the reply on when to send the
   range header closed

   raphael: should we use the bug tracker for LC comments?

   yves: a manual approach should be feasible (e.g., manually building
   an HTML table)

   raphael: suggest to start with manual approach, when a lot of
   comments are coming, we might consider using the bug tracker

   <raphael> ACTION-167?

   <trackbot> ACTION-167 -- Erik Mannens to find licence free movies
   for the automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and
   the creative commons -- due 2010-06-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/167

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/167

AOB

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: troncy to put the top-level production rules back into
   the document (in section 4.3.5 or 4.1) [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: troncy to remind Jack and Michael to register asap for
   TPAC [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________

-- 
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab
URL: http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be/dvdeurse
Received on Wednesday, 29 September 2010 13:49:01 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:39 GMT