Re: ACTION-187: extensibility and parsing

From: Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 10:56:34 +0200
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org
Dear all,

I observe a clear consensus from everyone who has expressed an opinion
for the option number 2 sketched by Philip. We will resolve this on
today's telecon.

> Sure, I could write some spec text. As an FYI, These are the options I see:
>
> 1. Just use the ABNF we have now and let parsing be completely separate
> from it.
>
> 2. Define a name-value syntax and say that parsers should use that to
> get name-value pairs (simple because it's equivalent to splitting on &
> and =). Then say that a valid Media Fragment is one where all the names
> and values match the dimensions and their corresponding syntax.
>
> I'll not go further into discussion about these spec-writing details, as
> the purpose of this thread is to reach consensus on how parsing should
> work, and thus what kind of extensibility we get.

You might get another action today's following these suggestions :-)
Thanks, ACTION-187 is done.

   Raphaël

--
Raphaël Troncy
2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.