Re: minutes of 2010-09-08 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 14:41:18 +0200
To: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org
Dear all,

I'm going back to what has been scribed during the telecon, and this is
a question to Ian (Hickson)) via Silvia :-)

> Yves: in that case we are not controlling what is presented to the user
> silvia: the WHATWG doesn't want to specify the presentation of media
> fragment URIs in the HTML spec, but wants it to be in our spec
> Ö that's where it belongs in their mind

Can Ian provide a pointer to a paragraph in any of the HTML spec
(including the HTML5 current draft) where it is written that a browser
MUST jump to the section identified by a (resolvable) frag id for an
HTML document? This is the standard behavior in all browsers, right?
However, I cannot find where it has ever been written ... Why would this
be different for media resources?