Re: Expressing complex regions with media fragments - use cases + possible solution

From: Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:10:38 +0200
Cc: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Simon Rainer <Rainer.Simon@ait.ac.at>
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
This is a general problem of the Web. What happens when the annotated media object disappears? What happens when the annotation disappears?

Concerning the "ref" approach I would like to emphasize that in our use cases the value URI is not necessarily a URL. I tried to illustrate this in the examples I sent  in my previous mail...

On Sep 8, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Yves Lafon wrote:

> And the main issue is... what happens when the content pointed by 'ref' changes over time, or disappear?

Research Group Multimedia Information Systems
Department of Distributed and Multimedia Systems
Faculty of Computer Science
University of Vienna

Postal Address: Liebiggasse 4/3-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 1 42 77 39635 Fax: +43 1 4277 39649
E-Mail: bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.cs.univie.ac.at/bernhard.haslhofer