Re: Expressing complex regions with media fragments - use cases + possible solution

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:10:58 +0200
To: Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Simon Rainer <Rainer.Simon@ait.ac.at>
Dear Bernhard,

Thanks for having sent your use cases and starting up this thread as I
have encouraged you last week.

It seems to me that your use cases are pretty similar to the ones
described in our Use Cases document, in particular at
Would you agree with this?
This shows at least that your questions are really relevant.

I do have one question regarding your second use case:

> - Scenario 2: Spatial and Temporal Annotation of Videos with complex
> region-shapes
> Bernhard selects a video sequence (start-&  end-point) in an online
> video and creates a new annotation for that sequence. He draws an
> ellipse around a specific region in a frame in order to identify the
> spatial dimension of his annotation. Then he writes a note for this
> region. The system exposes his annotation as an RDF document, where
> the annotated map region is identified by a media fragment URI.

In this use case, would you need to address a fixed spatial region over
a period of time? Or would you need to address a moving region?
More comments to follow ...