Re: Expressing complex regions with media fragments - use cases + possible solution

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 18:10:58 +0200
To: Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Simon Rainer <Rainer.Simon@ait.ac.at>
Dear Bernhard,

Thanks for having sent your use cases and starting up this thread as I
have encouraged you last week.

It seems to me that your use cases are pretty similar to the ones
described in our Use Cases document, in particular at
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/#uc4
Would you agree with this?
This shows at least that your questions are really relevant.

I do have one question regarding your second use case:

> - Scenario 2: Spatial and Temporal Annotation of Videos with complex
> region-shapes
>
> Bernhard selects a video sequence (start-&  end-point) in an online
> video and creates a new annotation for that sequence. He draws an
> ellipse around a specific region in a frame in order to identify the
> spatial dimension of his annotation. Then he writes a note for this
> region. The system exposes his annotation as an RDF document, where
> the annotated map region is identified by a media fragment URI.

In this use case, would you need to address a fixed spatial region over
a period of time? Or would you need to address a moving region?
More comments to follow ...