Re: Expressing complex regions with media fragments - use cases + possible solution

From: Bernhard Haslhofer <bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:31:32 +0200
Cc: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, public-media-fragment@w3.org, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>, Simon Rainer <Rainer.Simon@ait.ac.at>
To: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Yes. As I understand, the MF specification is about *addressing* and *retrieving subparts*. If we these aspects are tightly bound together, I understand why it is not possible to include aspects like complex segment identification in the MF spec.

But the alternative would really be that the "media annotation folks" create their own solution for *addressing* MF which is not necessarily bound to the MF specification anymore.

best,

On Sep 8, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> I would assume that the Media Annotation folks couldn't care less about presentation: they just want to be able to point at something inside the video.

Research Group Multimedia Information Systems
Department of Distributed and Multimedia Systems
Faculty of Computer Science
University of Vienna

Postal Address: Liebiggasse 4/3-4, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 1 42 77 39635 Fax: +43 1 4277 39649
E-Mail: bernhard.haslhofer@univie.ac.at
WWW: http://www.cs.univie.ac.at/bernhard.haslhofer