W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > October 2010

minutes of 2010-10-06 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:13:44 +0200
Message-ID: <4CAC4BD8.1070507@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-minutes.html  (and in text format
below).

Best regards,

   RaphaŽl

--------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
06 Oct 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Oct/0003.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/06-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           +39.523.0.aaaa, raphael, +20592aabb, Yves, jackjansen,
           +329331aacc, Davy
    Regrets
           Erik, Silvia
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           jackjansen

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 06 October 2010

    <raphael> Matroska (MKV)

    <Yves> [6]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska

       [6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska

    <Yves> scribe: jackjansen

    <Yves> chair: raphael

    1. ADMIN

    <raphael> [7]http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2010/09/29-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <davy> +1

    <raphael> +1

    Raphael: minutes accepted
    ... keep 183 open, in progress

    <raphael> ACTION-185?

    <trackbot> ACTION-185 -- Yves Lafon to book zakim for the 2 days
    meeting of the group on Mon 1st and Tue 2nd Nov -- due 2010-09-29 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/185

    Raphael: 188 closed, just now reminded Jack

    2. MEDIA FRAGMENT EXTENSION

    <raphael> close ACTION-188

    <trackbot> ACTION-188 Remind Jack and Michael to register asap for
    TPAC closed

    <raphael> Raphael: summarizing the long thread and discussion about
    extensibility

    <raphael> ... and summarizing the position of philip

    <raphael> Jack: the only thing we should say is: if we partially
    understand a media fragment, should we accept or ignore ?

    <raphael> ... this is one line in the spec

    <raphael> ... we should accept what is acceptable

    <raphael> ... and in particular if a media fragment URI can have
    things we don't understand

    <raphael> ... and personally I don't care about the grammar

    <raphael> Yves: we should be very caution with extension

    Yves: we should be careful with extensions

    <raphael> ... e.g. the ref redefines an existing dimension

    Jack: explains we could use an attribute to control strict or loose
    parsing

    All: think this is ugly

    <Yves> :)

    Jack: suggestion: we mandate the chair to decide something

    <raphael> Jack: I have no strong feeling either way

    Jack: I do think (and so does Davy) that if we recognize the
    attribute name then the value must adhere to our syntax

    <raphael> #t=banana ... means parsing stops

    <davy> #t=10&t=20 ... means parsing stops?

    <Yves> well if you always ignore what you don't understand
    #t=banana&xywh=10,10,20,20 should be xywh=10,10,20,20

    <davy> I disagree

    That woulnd mean that t=1o&xywh=1,2,3,4 would parse

    <Yves> this is what is consistent with 'ignoring what you don't
    understand'

    <Yves> we have t=npt:120, what happens if we have t=<mytimeunit>:120
    ?

    <Yves> we can have extensionaxis = extensionname = extensionvalue

    <raphael> Jack: we should not try to encode in a grammar what we
    will not understand

    <Yves> but jack, encoding extension points is a good thing to do

    Yves: either we do nothing about extension or do it correct, with
    extensionaxis in the grammar
    ... we could check what existing implementations do

    Raphael: they are waiting for us to specify correct behaviour
    ... time to adjourn

    <raphael> Jack: I suggest the chairs put a deadline and take a
    decision on this issue

    <raphael> Raphael: I agree, I will have a discussion with Erik

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 6 October 2010 10:16:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:39 GMT