Re: Joining the Media Fragments WG

Dear Thomas,

> At last week's ISWC2010 in Shanghai, China, I've finally met Raphaël
> Troncy in person, whom I've had contact with prior to the conference.
> At ISWC I've presented SemWebVid [1], where I use Media Fragments in
> its simplest form. Rahpahël and I agreed that it would make sense for
> me to join the WG, the administrative details were quickly figured
> out, so here I am, looking forward to working with you! I "know" a
> couple of the WG participants from Twitter, but I'm hoping to get to
> know you more over time at some face-to-face meeting or so. I'm
> working towards providing an example implementation of more media
> fragments components in SemWebVid over time. Happy to answer all the
> questions you might have!

Welcome to the Media Fragments WG and thanks for this introduction. The
way you will use the Media Fragments specification in SemWebVid refers
to what we call annotation scenarios and I'm happy you provide your
views on the spec with respect to your requirements.

You might want to dig a bit in the 2 years work of the group. For this,
we have the public mailing list archive [1], a wiki [2], and a tracker
tool [3].
Best regards.

   Raphaël

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/

--
Raphaël Troncy
2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.