Re: Re: on grammars and parsing algorithm

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:46:14 +0100
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 22:29:00 +0100, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:48 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
> wrote:

>> If anyone (such as Yves) has specific ideas on how to move forward (on
>> top
>> of my suggested changes or instead of them), that would be useful.

> Would it make much sense to have a "production rules" grammar
> (basically what's there) and a separate "parsing approach" section,
> which can be a combination of grammar & the current appendices?

The "parsing approach" is really what's currently in sections "Processing
name-value components" and "Processing name-value lists", but most in this
working group seem to be (strongly) opposed to making that normative.
That's why I tried to simplified things quite a bit this time. This time
there's no actual parsing expressed as algorithms, as one can just reuse
the syntax when it's split into two layers.

Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer
Opera Software