W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > May 2010

minutes of 2010-05-26 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:57:58 +0200
Message-ID: <4BFCF0A6.2030603@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).

New actions given today:
  * ACTION-165: Raphael to send on the mailing list the abstract for a 
talk proposal for the Open Video Conference
  * ACTION-166: Yves  to review the ABNF syntax of the HTTP headers 
introduced by the Media Fragment URI spec
  * ACTION-167: Erik to find license free movies for the automatic test 
suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative commons
  * ACTION-168: Davy to investigate how the automatic test suite could 
also be done for evaluating the UA behavior

We would like to *hear* from Jack, Conrad and Yves about their actions 
status!
Cheers.

   RaphaŽl

------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
26 May 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0074.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Michael, Erik, Raphael, Davy, Silvia (irc)
    Regrets
           Silvia
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael
Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]2. Specification
          3. [7]3. Test Cases
          4. [8]4. AOB ?
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 26 May 2010

    <scribe> Scribe: raphael

    <scribe> Scribenick: raphael

1. Admin

    PROPOSED to accept the short minutes of the 19 May 2010 telecon

    [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/19-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/19-mediafrag-minutes.html

    +1

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <davy> +1

    <erik> +1

    Minutes accepted

    ACTION-162?

    <trackbot> ACTION-162 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to provide practical
    information for the next F2F -- due 2010-05-19 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/162

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/162

    close ACTION-162

    <trackbot> ACTION-162 Provide practical information for the next F2F
    closed

    More details:
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/SixthF2FAgenda

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/SixthF2FAgenda

    Raphael: I think Yves will be able to carry the 4-5 people to the
    meeting from the hotel since he is living close by
    ... I think we should propose a talk to the Open Video Conference

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <erik> +1

    <davy> +1

    Erik: what about proposing a duo presentation, Raphael and Davy,
    similar to WWW, but more complete

    +1

    <davy> +1

    Raphael: we can work out the abstract starting from the WWW one on
    the mailing list
    ... I think we should go for the 30-45' talk

    <scribe> ACTION: Raphael to send on the mailing list the abstract
    for a talk proposal [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Raphael

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to send on the mailing list the abstract for
    a talk proposal [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-165 - Send on the mailing list the
    abstract for a talk proposal [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2010-06-02].

2. Specification

    Erik: still a lot of action to Yves, we cannot talk about still

    ACTION-123?

    <trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to come up with ABNF for
    header syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

    close ACTION-123

    <trackbot> ACTION-123 Come up with ABNF for header syntax closed

    Raphael: Frank Denoual has commented on Silvia's work and Silvia has
    addressed the comments
    ... I'm all for giving an action to Yves for reviewing the ABNF

    <erik> +1

    <scribe> ACTION: yves to review the ABNF syntax of the HTTP headers
    introduced by the Media Fragment URI spec [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-166 - Review the ABNF syntax of the HTTP
    headers introduced by the Media Fragment URI spec [on Yves Lafon -
    due 2010-06-02].

    Raphael: rendering of fragment in UA ... how far should we go

    Davy: we should discuss possibilities, but not provide
    recommendations

3. Test Cases

    ACTION-164?

    <trackbot> ACTION-164 -- Erik Mannens to report to the group whether
    such an approach from RDFa test suite can be used for automatically
    testing the media fragment specification -- due 2010-05-26 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/164

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/164

    See also:
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ma
    y/0067.html

      [18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0067.html

    close ACTION-164

    <trackbot> ACTION-164 Report to the group whether such an approach
    from RDFa test suite can be used for automatically testing the media
    fragment specification closed

    Michael: ok with the extension, but my problem is that we do not
    rely only on the HTTP status code
    ... there is also the need for a user assessment that the visual
    rendering is correct

    Raphael: really? if we do not recommend the rendering of a fragment,
    then no need ... for the automatic test suite
    ... and there are 2 kind of evaluations, server side and UA side
    ... for me there is test suite for the UA (correct parsing of the
    media fragment URI syntax + correct rendering of the fragment?) and
    the test suite for the server (the automatic test suite from Davy we
    are talking about)

    Davy: we have done our own implementation, JSON files, no DB, but we
    would like to link it to corrib now

    Michael: is there some pointers I can have a look to to better
    understand what you have done

    Raphael: can we say that mftc:expectedHTTPStatusCode
    ... returns a 2xx ?

    <mhausenblas>
    [19]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-08#se
    ction-8.2.1

      [19] 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-08#section-8.2.1

    Raphael: for a 206 or a 200

    <mhausenblas> [20]http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-10.2.1

      [20] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-10.2.1

    Raphael: I like this ontology:
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/http-statusCodes
    ... My other concern is do we want a litteral for the property
    mftc:expectedVisualResults ?
    ... or do we want controlled values ?

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/http-statusCodes

    <mhausenblas> [22]http://www.w3.org/TR/HTTP-in-RDF10/

      [22] http://www.w3.org/TR/HTTP-in-RDF10/

    Michael: do we really need this property if we test the server?

    Davy: no automatic evaluation for this one, not trivial
    ... we actually test more than the HTTP headers, for example that
    the bytes sent in the body of the response correspond to the
    original bytes in the media

    Michael: I would suggest to remove this property if we don't see how
    it will be used

    Davy: I'm thinking of using corrib for testing also the UA side
    ... so I might need it later on
    ... then we need to think now about the test framework for the UA
    side!
    ... because we will NOT edit again and again the test suite

    Michael: I agree with you

    Raphael: how we should proceed then ?

    Erik: should we have test movies ? How many ?

    Raphael: we can use the one Silvia is using (the cartoon, need to
    find the title) used by Mozilla demos
    ... we don't need many, perhaps 5 in different formats, would be
    good

    <silvia> Elephant Dreams

    Raphael: Silvia, if you're reading, could we give you an ACTION to
    find 4-5 movies, licence free, we could use in our test cases ?
    ... Elephant Dreams is one of them
    ... what else ?

    <silvia> very hard indeed

    <silvia> I go to creative commons and download from there

    <mhausenblas> Michael: Server-Test Suite would consist of:
    corrib-output (RDF): manifest, media files, driver (takes manifest
    and applies to each set of media files and generates EARL)

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to find licence free movies for the automatic
    test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative
    commons [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-167 - Find licence free movies for the
    automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the
    creative commons [on Erik Mannens - due 2010-06-02].

    <silvia> [24]http://creativecommons.org/videos

      [24] http://creativecommons.org/videos

    <scribe> ACTION: Davy to investigate how the automatic test suite
    could also be done for evaluating the UA behavior [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-168 - Investigate how the automatic test
    suite could also be done for evaluating the UA behavior [on Davy Van
    Deursen - due 2010-06-02].

    <silvia> just get videos from there

    Raphael: we are waiting for the output of this action before asking
    Michael to extend corrib

4. AOB ?

    close ACTION-164

    <trackbot> ACTION-164 Report to the group whether such an approach
    from RDFa test suite can be used for automatically testing the media
    fragment specification closed

    [meeting adjourned]

    Raphael: I hope we will have Yves and Jack on the phone next week to
    progress further !

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Davy to investigate how the automatic test suite could
    also be done for evaluating the UA behavior [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to find licence free movies for the automatic
    test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative
    commons [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Raphael to send on the mailing list the abstract for a
    talk proposal [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to send on the mailing list the abstract for a
    talk proposal [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: yves to review the ABNF syntax of the HTTP headers
    introduced by the Media Fragment URI spec [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/26-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 26 May 2010 10:00:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:38 GMT