W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > May 2010

minutes of 2010-05-19 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:51:11 +0200
Message-ID: <4BF4412F.7020202@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2010/05/19-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).
Cheers.

   RaphaŽl

------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
19 May 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0028.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/19-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Michael, Raphael, Silvia, Erik
    Regrets
           Davy
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael

Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]2. Specification
          3. [7]3. Test Cases
          4. [8]4. AOB
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 19 May 2010

    <mhausenblas> hu? I'm the first? :)

    <mhausenblas> people, it's 7 past the hour here :D

    <mhausenblas> heya silvia

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

    <scribe> Scribe: raphael

1. Admin

    PROPOSED to accept the short minutes of the 12 May 2010 telecon:
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/12-mediafrag-minutes.html ?

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2010/05/12-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <silvia> +1

    +1

    <mhausenblas> +1

    Next F2F meeting: Michael will not make it physically but will
    paticipate remotely

    Raphael will send details this afternoon

2. Specification

    ACTIOn-156?

    <trackbot> ACTION-156 -- Conrad Parker to add a "bandwidth
    conservation use case" -- due 2010-03-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/156

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/156

    Raphael: I will email Conrad about that ...

    ACTION-123?

    <trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to come up with ABNF for
    header syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

    Silvia: quite busy week, I haven't started, but I will do that
    tonight
    ... I do not expect difficulty, I will email this out

    ACTION-154?

    <trackbot> ACTION-154 -- Davy Van Deursen to add a section 5.2.4
    describing his new optimization -- due 2010-03-16 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/154

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/154

    close ACTION-154

    <trackbot> ACTION-154 Add a section 5.2.4 describing his new
    optimization closed

    Raphael: Davy has re-structured the section 5.2, is there any
    objections ?

    Silvia: no objection

    Michael: no objections

    Silvia: I agree that currently, codecs do not allow to address
    spatial fragment without transcoding
    ... so agree, it should happen with a query

    <silvia> spatial fragment retrieval cannot be done with byte ranges
    right now because current media formats and codecs don't allow it

    <silvia> but it may be possible in future

    Silvia: if there is a fragment, #xywh= ... then, no request issued,
    client might highlight a region if it has all the data

    Raphael: I will buzz Jack for the action 137

3. Test Cases

    ACTION-163?

    <trackbot> ACTION-163 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to send a resolution on
    handling non-existing or illegal fragments to the mailinglist -- due
    2010-05-19 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/163

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/163

    close ACTION-163

    <trackbot> ACTION-163 Send a resolution on handling non-existing or
    illegal fragments to the mailinglist closed

    Raphael: see
    [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ma
    y/0031.html

      [15] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0031.html

    Michael: no more work on corrib yet
    ... so I would still need one week to complete and give the ball to
    Erik

    Raphael: what is the plan exactly?

    ACTION-146?

    <trackbot> ACTION-146 -- Jack Jansen to identify and add in corrib
    any missing test cases for temporal fragments -- due 2010-03-03 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/146

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/146

    Michael: the question is really, can we really have an automated
    test suite ?
    ... if not, then corrib is of little use

    Raphael: my proposal would be to change the action 146 assigned to
    Jack to a thorough review of
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
    ... then, someone needs to add them into Corrib

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension

    Erik: I miss what can be automatized also

    <mhausenblas>
    [18]http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/corrib.php?export=v1-mediafrag&form
    at=rdf-xml

      [18] 
http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/corrib.php?export=v1-mediafrag&format=rdf-xml

    <mhausenblas> [19]http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/test-suite/

      [19] http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/test-suite/

    Erik: I should talk to my implementers to see if this can be of use

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to report to the group whether such an
    approach from RDFa test suite can be used for automatically testing
    the media fragment specification [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/19-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-164 - Report to the group whether such an
    approach from RDFa test suite can be used for automatically testing
    the media fragment specification [on Erik Mannens - due 2010-05-26].

    <mhausenblas> [21]http://ngrep.sourceforge.net/

      [21] http://ngrep.sourceforge.net/

    <silvia> ngrep or tcpdump are good tools for monitoring connections

    Silvia: I think whatever plugin you have for the browser, testing if
    the plugins does the real thing can only be tested with one of these
    tools

    Erik: maybe we can make a summer project for this

    <silvia> what you would require is a commandline tool that pulls in
    what is an expected HTTP exchange sequence from a media fragment
    request (which could come from corrib) and check with what actually
    goes over the wire

    <silvia> those tools can help with monitoring what actually goes
    over the wire

4. AOB

    Silvia: Let's discuss your email:
    [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ma
    y/0034.html

      [22] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0034.html

    Raphael: I think as soon as a fragment is requested, we cannot have
    a 200 answer, so MUST be a 206
    ... I think if there is a #t= ... then a Range request should be
    issued, even if the fragment happens to be the entire resource

    <mhausenblas> ok, re ACTION-147 - new people are added

    <mhausenblas> see
    [23]http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/sparql.php?query=SELECT+DISTINCT+%3
    Fs++FROM+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2008%2FWebVideo%2FFragments%2F
    Contributor%2F%3E+WHERE+{%0D%0A++%3Fs+%3Fp+%3Fo+.%0D%0A}%0D%0ALIMIT+
    10&output=htmltab&jsonp=&key=&show_inline=1

      [23] 
http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/sparql.php?query=SELECT+DISTINCT+%3Fs++FROM+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2008%2FWebVideo%2FFragments%2FContributor%2F%3E+WHERE+

    You should put: [24]http://identi.ca/conradparker owl:sameAs
    [25]http://identi.ca/user/31499

      [24] http://identi.ca/conradparker
      [25] http://identi.ca/user/31499

    scribe:
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/Contributor/JackJansen
    owl:sameAs [27]http://twitter.com/hackerjack60

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/Contributor/JackJansen
      [27] http://twitter.com/hackerjack60

    Controversial issue about #01 and #04 ... whether a range request
    should be send at all or not ?

    Raphael: I will mention this to Jack when he is reviewing the spec

    Open Video Conference: [28]http://www.openvideoconference.org/?l=en

      [28] http://www.openvideoconference.org/?l=en

    Raphael: who should be there? should the group lobby there for
    implementations ?
    ... I think this is the MOST important event!

    Silvia: I will there, likely, organize a workshop (FOAM?)

    <silvia> FOMS

    Silvia: I can send announcement when I have news

    <silvia> I will organise a 2-day FOMS workshop before OVC and 1 day
    hackday after OVC on the Sunday

    Raphael: deadline is June 7th ... we can propose a lecture / talk

    <erik> +1

    Silvia: we can have a f2f there ... talk will be for a general
    audience

    close ACTION-147

    <trackbot> ACTION-147 Add all MF WG members to corrib closed

    <silvia> bye

    [meeting adjourned]

    <mhausenblas> happy birthday, erik !!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to report to the group whether such an approach
    from RDFa test suite can be used for automatically testing the media
    fragment specification [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2010/05/19-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 19 May 2010 20:31:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:38 GMT