Action-154

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:31:33 +0200
To: "'Media Fragment'" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

I just committed a number of changes according to my action 154 (see the
result in [1]):

-          restructured section 5.2 in such a way that we don't have 4 plain
recipes to resolve HTTP media fragments, but rather divided it in two major
parts: UA mapped byte ranges and server mapped byte ranges. In case of
server mapped byte ranges, there are then three possibilities: server mapped
byte ranges with corresponding binary data, server mapped byte ranges with
corresponding binary data and codec setup data, and proxy cacheable server
mapped byte ranges.

-          described the missing recipe where codec setup information is
requested by the UA.

-          removed the spatial dimension within the server mapped byte
ranges section.

-          added a motivation for not supporting the spatial dimension
within server mapped byte ranges.

-          tweaked some details in the examples throughout section 5.2.

Any comments or objections against these changes, please let me know.

Best regards,

Davy

[1]
<http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#processi
ng-protocol-frag>

--

Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT

Faculty of Engineering

Department of Electronics and Information Systems

Multimedia Lab

Gaston Crommenlaan 8 bus 201

B-9050 Ledeberg-Ghent

Belgium