Re: ACTION-158: Exhaustive list of Test Cases for the temporal dimension in the Media Fragment URI

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:50:17 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Dear Silvia,

> Nice work. However, you have forgotten to regard a media resource
> which does not start at 0. I have therefore changed the "duration" to
> the "end point" of the media resource.

Yes, thanks!

> Also, there are test cases
> missing for a and b being before the beginning of the media resource.
> Did you go through all the test cases that I listed in
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#error-temporal
> ?

Let's see:
  . 6.2.1 is equivalent to Test nį26, 27a and 27b
  . 6.2.2 is equivalent to Test nį4 except we don't know if we should
return a 416 or a 200 ... while you wrote it should be 200
  . 6.2.3 is equivalent to Test nį1
  . 6.2.4 is equivalent to Test nį2 and 3 except that we return a 416
and not 200
  . 6.2.5 is equivalent to Test nį10, 11 and 12 except that we return
206 or 416 and not 200
  . 6.2.6 is equivalent to Test nį5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, and 14  except
again you always return a 200 while it is often a 206.

In summary, I found our table much more complete. We differ in the
response code we should answer. I don't see which test cases we have
forgotten. Could you please tell me which ones are missing?