Re: Media Fragment validation service

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 01:45:45 +0100
To: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
CC: 'Silvia Pfeiffer' <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, public-media-fragment@w3.org
Hi Davy,

> we have some new servers at our disposal now, which should make our demos a
> bit more stable :-).

Great and impatient to see the demo in a few hours :-)

I'm not against moving things to more stable places but I'm also a BIG
fan of cools URIs that do not change ... or at least, that do not break
the web. Now the situation is the following:
   - Our group web page references a nice blog post of Silvia [1] that
links to a demo at [2] that is NOT working anymore since Silvia moves it
to [3]. Silvia, you might edit your blog post to avoid having broken
links :-)
   - Our group web page references your demo Davy at its previous
location which does NOT work either.

> So schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080 is deprecated from now on,
> everything now runs on ninsuna.elis.ugent.be.

Could you do a redirect for the deprecated one?

   RaphaŽl

[1]
http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/09/02/demo-of-deep-hyperlinking-into-html5-video/
[2] http://new.annodex.net/~silvia/itext/mediafrag.html