Re: The problem of having multiple Content-Range headers in HTTP response

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:47:19 -0500 (EST)
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
cc: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On Thu, 4 Mar 2010, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:

>> the comma thing is not about "will be parsed to", but "is equivalent
>> to". So, an application could add the two headers in order:
> My understanding was: this is invalid since we cannot have multiple
> Content-Range headers in a response. Now, you just verbatim in another email
> a paragraph from RFC2616 (Section 4.2 Message Headers) that seems to say that
> this is *valid*. So I'm now confused.
> Yves, could you please provide us a pointer that reference your original
> claim?

Section 4.2 says that it is allowed only if the syntax of the headers
allows it, however:

    Unlike byte-ranges-specifier values (see Section 5.4.1), a byte-
    range-resp-spec MUST only specify one range, and MUST contain
    absolute byte positions for both the first and last byte of the
Plus the grammar does not allow comma separated lists.

Baroula que barouleras, au tiťu toujou t'entourneras.