W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2010

minutes of 2010-03-03 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:50:35 +0100
Message-ID: <4B8E3EFB.2080002@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of this week's telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2010/03/03-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).

Reminder: ALL MUST finish your actions *before* the F2F, check the tracker.
Cheers.

   RaphaŽl

------------

    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
03 Mar 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Mar/0003.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/03/03-mediafrag-irc

Attendees
    Present
           raphael, michael, yves, davy
    Regrets
           Erik, Silvia, Jack
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           Raphael

Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]2. F2F meeting
          3. [7]3. Specification
          4. [8]4. Media URI Syntax
          5. [9]5. Protocol
          6. [10]6. Rendering media fragments in the UA
          7. [11]7. Test Cases
          8. [12]8. AB
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 03 March 2010

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

    <scribe> scribe: Raphael

1. Admin

    PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 24 February 2009 telecon,
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2010/02/24-mediafrag-minutes.html

    ?

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <davy> +1

    +1

    Minutes accepted

    ACTIOn-145?

    <trackbot> ACTION-145 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to adjust the milestones in
    the charter -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/145

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/145

    close ACTION-145

    <trackbot> ACTION-145 Adjust the milestones in the charter closed

    see the new table schedule on the group home page,
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/

    ACTION-119?

    <trackbot> ACTION-119 -- Yves Lafon to request admins to set up a
    cvs notifications mailing list and notifications -- due 2009-10-14
    -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/119

2. F2F meeting

    <scribe> Agenda:
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda

    I'm requesting you put more items of things you would like to have
    been discussed

3. Specification

    ACTION-134?

    <trackbot> ACTION-134 -- Erik Mannens to mark up the spec with
    normative and informative classes -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/134

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/134

    Propose to close it, since we marked up already what is stable and
    not

    Some support from Yves

    no objections

    <conrad> +1

    <davy> +1

    <mhausenblas> +1

    close ACTION-134

    <trackbot> ACTION-134 Mark up the spec with normative and
    informative classes closed

    ACTION-142?

    <trackbot> ACTION-142 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to apply this change in the
    section 5.1.3 (jack's note) -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/142

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/142

    close ACTION-142

    <trackbot> ACTION-142 Apply this change in the section 5.1.3 (jack's
    note) closed

4. Media URI Syntax

    ACTION-126?

    <trackbot> ACTION-126 -- Yves Lafon to follow up on error in ABFN
    for npt -- due 2009-12-23 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/126

    Yves: it is done, both the wiki page and the document has been
    changed

    In the document, at the end, there is a consolidated annex with what
    we have imported

    <Yves>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/

      [22] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/

    <Yves> 4.2.1.3 Wall-clock time code

    <Yves> Editorial note: Philip

    <Yves> The datetime definition should be imported from either global
    date and time (HTML 5) or utc-time (RFC 2326).

    <Yves> Editorial note: Yves

    <Yves> In fact it should be a subset of ISO 8601, RFC 3339 would do.
    (Need WG decision)

    Issue: which def should we take?

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-15 - Which def should we take? ; please
    complete additional details at
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/15/edit
    .

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/15/edit

    <Yves> [24]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

      [24] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

    drop ISSUE-15

    Yves: I would prefer to use the 3339 rather than the def used in
    HTML5 and the RTSP protocol
    ... HTML5 have chosen the ISO def rather than the RFC definition
    ... I think they are the same, but we should be consistent in our
    ref

    Raphael: do you want a WG decision now ? We are not that many on the
    call

    Yves: this is not rocket science, but should be pretty
    straightforward

    Raphael: I would propose a 5 min discussion at the F2F meeting
    ... in order to take a WG decision (re: section 4.2.1.3)

    Bug at
    [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009No
    v/0023.html is corrected

      [25] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html

    Bug at
    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Ja
    n/0093.html is corrected

      [26] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jan/0093.html

    The 's' has been dropped

    close ACTION-126

    <trackbot> ACTION-126 Follow up on error in ABFN for npt closed

    Yves: the 's' was already optional but has been dropped

    <Yves>
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#collected-syntax

      [27] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#collected-syntax

    Yves: the Annex B collects all the bits of the syntax

    ACTION-150?

    <trackbot> ACTION-150 -- Erik Mannens to summarize the discussion on
    the quotes in a mail or on the wiki -- due 2010-03-03 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/150

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/150

    Raphael: whether we should have quotes or not for track and id will
    be a topic at the F2F meeting

    Yves: using quotes seem more secure ... but it is matter of
    discussion

    <Yves> we need jack for this one

5. Protocol

    ACTION-123?

    <trackbot> ACTION-123 -- Yves Lafon to come up with ABNF for header
    syntax -- due 2009-12-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/123

    <scribe> -- pending

    Yves: we need some further discussion
    ... in particular how we express the non-temporal dimension
    ... my plan is to actually _do_ that during the F2F meeting

    Raphael: this is another topic for the f2f

6. Rendering media fragments in the UA

    ACTION-141?

    <trackbot> ACTION-141 -- Conrad Parker to add a paragraph in the
    section 5.2.1 that further clarify the role of the UA for rendering
    a media fragment -- due 2010-02-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/141

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/141

    Conrad: I will do that by f2f

    ACTION-135?

    <trackbot> ACTION-135 -- Erik Mannens to extend section 5 regarding
    spatial and track dimension -- due 2010-02-10 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/135

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/135

    Davy: I have looked at it a little bit

    <davy>
    [32]http://www.europarl.europa.eu/wps-europarl-internet/frd/vod/play
    er?session=last&currentSei=SEI1&language=en

      [32] 
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/wps-europarl-internet/frd/vod/player?session=last&currentSei=SEI1&language=en

    Davy: look for examples
    ... examples of bow text fragments can be rendered, highlighted

    <davy> [33]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsaq6W3V1s

      [33] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsaq6W3V1s

    Davy: I look also at the annotation tool of YouTube
    ... we also look at Flash development
    ... on the F2F I will make an implementation report
    ... perhaps with a demo
    ... but mainly the problems we have

7. Test Cases

    ACTION-118?

    <trackbot> ACTION-118 -- Michael Hausenblas to come up with
    individual 'normal' test cases (+/- 20) -- due 2010-03-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/118

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/118

    close ACTIONB-118

    close ACTION-118

    <trackbot> ACTION-118 Come up with individual 'normal' test cases
    (+/- 20) closed

    ACTION-147?

    <trackbot> ACTION-147 -- Michael Hausenblas to add all MF WG members
    to corrib -- due 2010-03-05 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/147

      [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/147

    scribe: will be done by F2F

    Michael: goal of the F2F is to review the TC that are in corrib

    Other actions

    ACTION-71?

    <trackbot> ACTION-71 -- Michael Hausenblas to investigate whether he
    could have an implementation in Javascript that does the client-side
    media fragments parsing -- due 2009-10-14 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/71

      [36] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/71

    Davy: we mostly look at how to generate HTTP headers with js
    ... not really on parsing media fragments
    ... Silvia was looking at this

    Raphael: I will ask Silvia if she wants to take this action or not
    at f2f

8. AB

    Raphael: is there any other business to discuss?

    Next gathering is in Ghent

    Michael: will be around most of the time remotely

    Silvia: any slots you will 'more' here than others?

    <silvia> the morning sessions, as usual

    same for conrad

    Raphael: we will focus deep discussion during our morning sessions

    <silvia> thanks, much appreciated

    Raphael: please, all, finish all your actions BEFORE the f2f

    S/AOB/AOB

    SribeOptions: -final -noEmbedDiagnostics

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 3 March 2010 10:51:49 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:38 GMT