W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > June 2010

minutes of 2010-06-30 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:49:16 +0200
Message-ID: <4C2B131C.9090005@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

Short minutes of today's telecon are available for review at
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).

We have mainly discussed the issue triggered by Philip which is ongoing, 
waiting for more inputs from Yves after Jack's action.
Cheers.

   RaphaŽl

-------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
30 Jun 2010
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0081.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Raphael, Jack, silvia
    Regrets
           Davy, Erik
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael, silvia

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 30 June 2010

    <jackjansen> any else calling in?

    <raphael> scribe: raphael

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

    <silvia> scribe: silvia

    raphael wants to have at least an informal chat

    <raphael> scribenick: silvia

    Ö informed us that his student has some good slides and made a good
    demo on media frag, which he will publish after the phone conf

    raphael: can we discuss philip's issues

    status: Yves reckons escaped characters are only allowed in specific
    places

    silvia: but I am not sure that applies to fragment name-value pairs

    jack: if it is in the URI spec, we need to point to it

    <scribe> ACTION: jack to investigate how escaping is defined in uri
    spec [recorded in
    [6]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-181 - Investigate how escaping is defined
    in uri spec [on Jack Jansen - due 2010-07-07].

    <raphael> ACTION-180?

    <trackbot> ACTION-180 -- Davy Van Deursen to add the WebM codec into
    our fitting table -- due 2010-06-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [7]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/180

       [7] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/180

    raphael: wants to discuss a number of things

    start with action-180

    <raphael> close ACTION-180

    <trackbot> ACTION-180 Add the WebM codec into our fitting table
    closed

    <raphael> Silvia: I agree to remove "conditionnaly fit" from the
    table since we are not dealing with transcoding... this is clear now

    <raphael> ACTION-179?

    <trackbot> ACTION-179 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to address RTSP handling,
    pointing to the wiki page for the processing, making sure the syntax
    is stated to be generic -- due 2010-06-30 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/179

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/179

    <raphael> close ACTION-179

    <trackbot> ACTION-179 Address RTSP handling, pointing to the wiki
    page for the processing, making sure the syntax is stated to be
    generic closed

    <raphael> Silvia: I don't think the wiki page is good, I would
    prefer to point to the email thread starting by Jack

    specification is published with a link to the RTSP wiki page

    silvia: problem with the wiki page is that the spec for implementers
    isn't really complete, but the email thread is more useful

    jack: I thought we were going to point to a proper document, not a
    wiki page

    raphael: shall we incorporate the email summary in the wiki or start
    a new document?

    silvia: if we can get the rtsp part back into the spec, I would
    prefer this - and then keep it in the wiki

    raphael: such a massive change may require another last call WD
    ... it will stop us from going to CR

    Ö we can take that decision at the end of august

    jack: if we add this as normative text, it would require LC WD

    Ö but if we just add it as informative text, e.g. in an appendix,
    then it may be possible to move to CR without another LC WD

    raphael: suggests to continue making changes in wiki, so we keep all
    possibilities open still

    <raphael> Good summary:
    [9]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun
    /0080.html

       [9] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0080.html

    <scribe> ACTION: silvia to include summary into wiki page [recorded
    in [10]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-182 - Include summary into wiki page [on
    Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-07-07].

    raphael: AOB?

    jack: planning summer

    raphael: have teleconf next week, and then decide what to do in
    July/August

    <scribe> ACTION: raphael to write to mailing list about teleconf in
    summer [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - raphael

    <raphael> [adjourned]

    bye!

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: jack to investigate how escaping is defined in uri
    spec [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: raphael to write to mailing list about teleconf in
    summer [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: silvia to include summary into wiki page [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 30 June 2010 09:51:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:39 GMT