RE: mediafragment track names and IRIs.

Hello Yves,

(Internationalization WG chair hat on)

I have added this to our agenda for our teleconference tomorrow.

(IETF IRI WG chair hat on)

You may wish to raise this issue on the public-iri@w3.org list. We are in the process of revising IRI and one goal is to solve this particular problem, making it possible for a Spec to merely reference IRI and not have to mess with the mechanics of URI mapping, etc.

(personal comment)

Did you consider defining Media Fragments in terms of IRI (RFC 3987) instead or URI (RFC 3986)? RFC 3987 defines a mapping to URI for cases in which such a mapping is needed (as in an HTTP request) and addressing the issues raised in (e.g.) Section 3.1 of that document would help with internationalization edge cases. As noted above, we are in the process of revising the RFC to make it more useful for cases such as yours, but it would probably be beneficial to your overall effort to start from IRI now.

Thanks,

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect (Lab126)