Re: Media Fragments URI parsing: pseudo algorithm code

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I would agree to this analysis: #foo=bar is not a valid MF
> *dimension*. It is, however, a valid media fragment URI, since a media
> fragment URI is given as a URI on a media resource that has a fragment
> specified and we specify fragment through name-value pairs. The

You can only know it's a media resource when you dereference it.
http://www.example.com/map#lat=-16.5&long=-151.7 is a valid Media
Fragment, but it may be a fragment indicating a point in a map (for
example, it might even be something else).

> fragment *dimension* is unknown under the given specification but
> could be user-defined and therefore perfectly valid if both the
> involved UA understands it (e.g. if some UA plugin takes care of it).
>
> So, I actually disagree with the notion that this is no a valid MF URI
> - it is a valid MF URI - it is just not a valid MF dimension.

Needless to say that I disagree ;)

         ~~Yves