W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > July 2010

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 07 July, Telecon 0900 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 11:28:21 +0200
Message-ID: <4C31A5B5.2040507@eurecom.fr>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, Philip Jšgenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon 
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=07&month=07&year=2010&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

This will be our _last_ telecon before the summer break. Next telecon 
will be on 25/08/2010.
This week, we will mainly discuss the ISSUE-19 that Philippe has raised. 
Philip/Yves could you please make sure you can make the telecon this Wed 
both on the phone and on IRC so we can resolve the remaining problems?
Thanks.
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-07-07
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 07 July *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=07&month=07&year=2010&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

07 July 2010, 0900 UTC
               0200 (West US)
               1000 (Galway)
               1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
               1800 (Tokyo)		
               1900 (Sydney)		
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://irc.w3.org/ and http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Michael
Regrets: Silvia, Erik, Jack

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 23 June 2010 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/23-mediafrag-minutes.html
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 30 June 2010 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2010/06/30-mediafrag-minutes.html
* Summer break: poll results, http://www.doodle.com/wnawhahnzgqm3ak3

2. SPECIFICATION:

* Discussion (Philip+Yves): media fragment syntax grammar (why segment 
production rule is not normative?), extensibility, pseudo algorithm code
** ACTION-181: Jack to investigate how escaping is defined in uri spec
** ISSUE-19 [Philippe]: Parsing must be defined normatively in the MF 
spec itself
** ACTION-173: Yves to produce the code that will check the grammar of 
both the URI syntax and the Headers syntax
** ACTION-175: Yves to update the grammar parsing automatically 
generated code for the URI syntax

3. PUBLIC COMMENTS:
* Image sprite in HTML5: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0061.html
* Chris Double: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0099.html
* Robert Sanderson: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jul/0010.html

4. Media Fragments in RTSP:
* ACTION-182: Silvia to include summary into wiki page
** Done: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0096.html
* ISSUE-18 [Raphael]: RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0065.html

5. TEST CASES:
* Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
* ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases 
for temporal fragments
** See also: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010May/0048.html
** Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
* ACTION-148: Michael to add a copy TC functionality in corrib
* ACTION-149: Michael to come up with a fix for overview vs. edit single 
TC in corrib
* ACTION-167: Erik to find license free movies for the automatic test 
suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative commons
* ACTION-168: Davy to investigate how the automatic test suite could 
also be done for evaluating the UA behavior
* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
* ISSUE-10 [Michael]: Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance

6. OPEN ISSUES
* ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register 
the fragment scheme for all media types
* ISSUE-17 [Yves]: Media Fragment track names and IRIs
** See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Jun/0056.html

7. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Monday, 5 July 2010 09:30:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:39 GMT