Re: Media Fragments URI parsing: pseudo algorithm code

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:32:00 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Philip Jšgenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Silvia,

> So, now I am completely confused. I don't understand any more which
> case Philip is arguing and which Yves. I thought Yves argued that they
> are valid media fragments, while Yves that they are not.
>
> I personally believe they should be valid, since our discussion was
> always that we would ignore name-value parameters that the UA (or the
> server) doesn't understand.

http://www.example.com/football.movie#t=10,20&action=track is NOT valid
according to the ABNF syntax, i.e. the syntax does to allow to produce
such a media fragment.

I understand than Philip is arguing for more than just the ABNF grammar
in the normative part for handling such cases in an interoperable way
while I understand that Yves is stating that the ABNF syntax and a
non-dummy implementation for parsing it will be enough.