Re: Media Fragments URI parsing: pseudo algorithm code

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 00:23:02 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
CC: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Philip Jšgenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Silvia,

> However, assuming you meant
> http://www.example.com/football.movie#xywh=10,20,30,40&action=track ,
> I would agree with the CSS approach. If I am a UA that doesn't know
> what to do with action=track, then I will ignore that part of the
> fragment's name-value pairs and only interpret the first part. If that
> results in giving a cropped video and nothing else, then that is fine.
> It is better than ignoring all the name-value pairs and downloading
> the full movie!

I interpret this answer as a +1 for Philip case. Feel free to tell me if
I'm wrong. My reasoning:
   - http://www.example.com/football.movie#xywh=10,20,30,40&action=track
is NOT a valid media fragment according to our ABNF syntax. Nothing is
sent to the server in case of a spatial fragment so let's take another
example.
   - http://www.example.com/football.movie#t=10,20&action=track is NOT a
valid media fragment according to our ABNF syntax. So there will no
Range request issued. The UA will simply get the whole resource ... and
I understand this is not what you would like to happen.