Re: Feedback from FOMS

On 29 jan 2010, at 00:03, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
>> I tried again and actually something like <inform-div1> adds (Non-Normative)
>> to the title. The problem is that the section is numbered as an appendix (C)
>> and doesn't appear in the TOC.
>
> That may be overdoing it a bit, IMHO. :-)
>
> Don't you think it will be obvious what will be informative and what
> will be normative?

I like the SMIL spec in this regard. It has normative/non-normative interspersed, but clearly marked.
This makes both for easy reading and for easy reference. Specs that make a more rigid
separation (XForms comes to mind) are very difficult to read because you keep going
back and forth like anything.

(Note that I'm only referring to the local structure of the SMIL spec, the global
structure is not something I'm proud of:-)