W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > January 2010

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 27 January, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:20:49 +0900
Message-ID: <dba6c0831001262220r1b99889cp22768b79071ca42d@mail.gmail.com>
To: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
2010/1/27 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=20&month=01&year=2010&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> Actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
>
> Best regards.
>
> Erik & RaphaŽl

Hi,

my apologies, I won't be able to join in by phone tonight, but I will
be on the IRC channel.

Conrad.

>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-01-27
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 27 January *10:00-11:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=27&month=01&year=2010&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> 27 January 2010, 1000 UTC
> † † † † † † †0200 (West US)
> † † † † † † †1000 (Galway)
> † † † † † † †1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
> † † † † † † †1900 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † †2100 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: RaphaŽl
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Guillaume (On Deck: Conrad, Silvia)
> Regrets: Jack, Yves
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 20 January 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/01/20-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * Charter Extension:
> ** ACTION-127: Yves to look for the charter extension
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> ** Target is MTAP SI on Semantic Multimedia,
> http://www.samt2009.org/sites/default/files/mtap_cfp_flyer_v1.pdf, Erik will
> circulate a draft version soon.
>
> 2. F2F Meeting:
> * Draft Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FithF2FAgenda
>
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>
> 3.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
> * Bug in the npt specification found by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html
> "I'd also like to point out that the ABNF for NPT does not match
> RFC2326. It allows there to be 0 or more digits following the decimal
> point, while the MF ABNF allows 1 or more digits."
> * ACTION-126: Yves to follow up on error in ABFN for npt
>
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
> * ACTION-123: Yves to come up with ABNF for header syntax
>
> 3.3 Media Fragment Processing:
> * Question of MF URI validity by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html
> * Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
>
> 3.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> * Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0014.html
> * Silvia's blog post:
> http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/11/25/manifests-exposing-structure-of-a-composite-media-resource/
> * Jack's proposal to write up that we should distinguish the mechanism (ROE,
> MPEG-21) vs the semantics
>
> 3.5 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
> Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments
>
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/ * ACTION-108: Michael to
> add the missing test cases in corrib
> * ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
> empty, undefined, etc
> * ACTION-118: Michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases (+/-20)
> * ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing
> list and notifications
> * ACTION-129: Michael to move the editorial note
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#processing-overview-errors
> to the TC (wiki)
>
> 5. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the logic
> could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code doing
> the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an implementation
> in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing
>
> 6. ISSUES
>
> 6.1 Active:
> None.
>
> 6.2 Non-Active:
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS) Sprites
> and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the
> fragment scheme for all media types
>
> 7. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
> 2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 06:21:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:37 GMT