Re: Next F2F MF

On 17 jan 2010, at 18:42, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:35:02 +0100, Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl> wrote:
>
>>> Can you all please reply to this mail and state your availability (1: OK
>>> physical , 2: OK remotely, 3: probably physical, 4: probably remotely,
>>> 5: no can do)
>>
>> - Seoul, feb 23-25 [4]
>> - Amsterdam, mar 8-9 [1]
>
> I can participate remotely, possibly physically at Seoul, but that's not likely.
>
> What actually happens at F2F meetings? Is there anything we need to do that actually requires us to meet, as opposed to using the mailing list?

In this group the F2Fs have proved most important for solving issues that are difficult to grasp. In Barcelona we spent a long time on multiplexed media streams (where the different streams couldn't be cut up at any random timestamp), which was very difficult to solve over email/phone, because some of the people didn't even know this problem existed (or were only dimly aware of it). Having the experts in one room, so they can wave their hands and use blackboards and napkins seriously helps progress.

I have the feeling that an issue that we currently still have at our table, and some people don't fully understand yet (including me:-), is how the protocol would work, esp. wrt. caching.