Re: Temporal fragments of media with time stamps

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 00:06:14 +0100
Cc: "'Bailer, Werner'" <werner.bailer@joanneum.at>, <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, "'Richard Wright-ARCHIVES'" <richard.wright@bbc.co.uk>
To: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>

On 16 jan 2010, at 10:25, Davy Van Deursen wrote:

> Temporal fragments should indeed take into account embedded time stamps.
> Note that this is already stated in the specification [1].
>
> Best regards,
>
> Davy
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/media-frags/#processing-overview-interpretation

Thanks for finding this one!

But: this means that we have to look through the protocol description with this in mind.

If I have a video http://www.example.com/example.mp4, which has 10 seconds worth of video, with timestamps 01:00:00:00 through 01:00:10:00, and a UA sends a request
with
	Range: t:smpte=01:00:05:00-01:00:06:00
what does it get back in the Content-Range header?
I would assume the timestamps are as expected, but what is the duration returned?