Re: Percent encoding

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:56:32 +0800
To: "Media Fragment" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, "Jack Jansen" <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:19:47 +0800, Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> wrote:

> Does anyone know what the canonical reference is for percent-decoding?
> Because we seem to assume it can be done late, but I just typed
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch%3fv=FwJduPtCvSM%26feature=rec-r2-2r-1-HM>
> into my browser URL field, and the ? and & were decoded...

You need to use a packet sniffing tool like wireshark to see what is
actually sent over the network. Browsers change the ways URLs are
displayed to make them look nicer. Servers can of course do whatever
strange things they want with the URL, but does the above link actually
work? (I'm in China, where YouTube does not exist.)

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer