Re: ABNF or code fragments?

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:16:38 +0100
Cc: "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>, "Media Fragment" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>

On 24 feb 2010, at 10:35, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> We can decide for ourselves what is valid. I think it should be invalid to use percent encoding where it isn't needed, so that validators will warn against using #%74=1 and other stupid things. (But it would still work in conforming implementations.)

Huh?
Either it is valid (which seems to imply that percent-escape-processing happens early) or it is not (if percent-processing happens late). If it is valid then a validator has no business warning about it. This would be a completely different case from, say, t=10,8, for which a validator could conceivably warn that it is syntactically valid, but probably semantically incorrect.