Re: Track fragments

Hi Davy, all,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Davy,
>
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 7:04 PM, Davy Van Deursen
> <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be> wrote:
>> On feb 15, 2010 at 22:23, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>>> It is possible do devise a track addressing method that includes some
>>> of the other attributes. For example, a combination of type, role and
>>> lang could make sense, something like:
>>>
>>> #track=audio(audesc, en)&video(main,en)&text(cc,en)&text(sub,fr)
>>>
>>> I just made this up, so feel free to suggest any other markup means.
>>
>> So 'audio(audesc, en)&video(main,en)&text(cc,en)&text(sub,fr)' corresponds
>> to the trackname?
>
> Nah, I did indeed mess this one up. "&" should not have been used
> here, since it separates name-value pairs. You've used semicolon to
> separate your track names, so this would be more appropriate:
>
> #track=audio(audesc,en);video(main,en);text(cc,en);text(sub,fr)

Just reading the current spec, we actually have only ":" and ","
specified as substructuring elements (see
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#fragment-structure).

So, this should actually be
#track=audio(audesc,en),video(main,en),text(cc,en),text(sub,fr)

Davy, you may need to change your implementation, or alternatively we
should add the ";" as another substructuring element.