Re: Track fragments

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:16:03 +0900
To: DENOUAL Franck <Franck.Denoual@crf.canon.fr>
Cc: "public-media-fragment@w3.org" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On 16 February 2010 02:01, DENOUAL Franck <Franck.Denoual@crf.canon.fr> wrote:
> Dear fragmenters,
>
> Some time ago, there were discussions on defining default tracks or not...
> Also related to the track dimension, wouldn't it be interesting to have the possibility to directly address multiple tracks ?
>
> Suppose a multimedia presentation containing one video stream with different audio streams (english, german, french,...) and one would like to get the video stream with the english version of the audio stream.
> This is not possible with current track dimension even with the composition operator "&" since track allows the extraction of a single track.

I think that particular case -- selecting the language representation
of the resource -- is better handled by the existing
Accept-Language/Content-Language mechanism.

The fragment addressing case that Silvia has suggested would be for
more complex scenarios, such as a language learner explicitly
selecting particular audio and subtitle tracks, or an editing
application that needs to display/hide particular tracks during
preview.

cheers,

Conrad.