W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > December 2010

Re: minutes of 2010-12-08 teleconference

From: Thomas Steiner <tomac@google.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 09:57:59 +0100
Message-ID: <AANLkTimwdMU+FRYz76Nv=r0eJuuVjSA-XvSqJ530ZfXk@mail.gmail.com>
To: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>, RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Cc: Media Fragments Working Group WG <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi Davy, hi RaphaŽl,

I have sent my regrets privately to RaphaŽl on Tuesday, so if you
could add that fact to the minutes, that'd be nice :-) I'll send
regrets to the mailing list in the future, this seems to be the right
way to do that, correct?

Cheers,
Tom

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 07:51, Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the minutes of yesterday's phone conf are available for review at http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html and in text
> format below.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Davy
>
> ------
> † [1]W3C
>
> † † †[1] http://www.w3.org/
>
> † † † † † † Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
>
> 08 Dec 2010
>
> † [2]Agenda
>
> † † †[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Dec/0010.html
>
> † See also: [3]IRC log
>
> † † †[3] http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-irc
>
> Attendees
>
> † Present
> † † † † †Erik, Davy, Raphael, Yves, foolip_(irc)
>
> † Regrets
> † † † † †Silvia
>
> † Chair
> † † † † †Erik, Raphael
>
> † Scribe
> † † † † †Davy
>
> Contents
>
> † † * [4]Topics
> † † † † 1. [5]ADMIN
> † † † † 2. [6]MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION
> † † † † 3. [7]HTML5 BUG
> † † † † 4. [8]LC COMMENTS
> † † † † 5. [9]OPEN ISSUES
> † † † † 6. [10]TEST CASES
> † † † † 7. [11]AOB
> † † * [12]Summary of Action Items
> † † _________________________________________________________
>
> † <trackbot> Date: 08 December 2010
>
> † <raphael> Scribe: Davy
>
> † <raphael> scribenick: davy
>
> ADMIN
>
> † <raphael> [13]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-mediafrag-minutes.html
>
> † † [13] http://www.w3.org/2010/12/01-mediafrag-minutes.html
>
> † +1
>
> † <raphael> +1
>
> † <Yves> +1
>
> † minutes accepted
>
> MEDIA FRAGMENT SPECIFICATION
>
> † raphael: action 199 and 200 will be finished today
> † ... related to issue-19
> † ... mail will be sent out today
>
> † Action-191?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-191 -- Yves Lafon to update the production rules
> † of the time dimension with the npt format for making the hours
> † optional -- due 2010-11-08 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/191
>
> † † [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/191
>
> † Yves: did the code, I'm working on the spec right now
>
> HTML5 BUG
>
> † <raphael> ACTION-202?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-202 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to draft the paragraph that
> † the group will propose to HTML5 regarding how the control of media
> † fragment URI should be done -- due 2010-12-01 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/202
>
> † † [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/202
>
> † <raphael> See text at
> † [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010De
> † c/0009.html
>
> † † [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2010Dec/0009.html
>
> † <raphael> Raphael: do you have comments on this text?
>
> † <raphael> ... my only comment is whether we should further detail
> † how temporal media fragments can work, with our without server help
>
> † <raphael> .. depending on the container format
>
> † <raphael> ... should we go into this level of details
>
> † <davy_> raphael: when no controls are specified in <video>
>
> † <davy_> ... the rendering is like the ?-approach
>
> † <davy_> raphael: is the text of silvia sufficient?
>
> † <davy_> ... and reopen the bug with this text
>
> † <davy_> Yves: nothing against it
>
> † <davy_> close action-202
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-202 Draft the paragraph that the group will
> † propose to HTML5 regarding how the control of media fragment URI
> † should be done closed
>
> † <davy_> ACTION: silvia to send the MF clarification text to the HTML
> † mailinglist [recorded in
> † [17]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
>
> † <trackbot> Created ACTION-205 - Send the MF clarification text to
> † the HTML mailinglist [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2010-12-15].
>
> † <raphael> Raphael: both whatwh and w3c mailing lists
>
> † <davy_> ACTION: troncy to reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker
> † [recorded in
> † [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
>
> † <trackbot> Created ACTION-206 - Reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug
> † tracker [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2010-12-15].
>
> LC COMMENTS
>
> † <davy_> raphael: action 196 will be done today
>
> OPEN ISSUES
>
> † <davy_> close action-191
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-191 Update the production rules of the time
> † dimension with the npt format for making the hours optional closed
>
> † <raphael> List of open issues:
> † [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
>
> † † [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
>
> † <Yves> done
>
> † <raphael>
> † [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/open
>
> † † [20] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/open
>
> † <davy_> raphael: Issue-19 is taken care of
>
> † <davy_> raphael: difference between issue-13 and 20?
>
> † <davy_> no difference -> close issue 13
>
> † <davy_> close ISSUE-13
>
> † <trackbot> ISSUE-13 Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
> † the fragment scheme for all media types closed
>
> † <davy_> issue-18?
>
> † <trackbot> ISSUE-18 -- RTSP processing of Media Fragments URI --
> † open
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/18
>
> † † [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/18
>
> † <davy_> raphael: should we include this in the spec or not?
>
> † <davy_> yves: if we do that, we probably need another LC
>
> † <davy_> raphael: alternative could be putting this into an annex
>
> † <davy_> ... informative status
>
> † <davy_> Yves: better would be in another document (a note)
>
> † <davy_> ACTION: troncy to setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP
> † will be discussed in a separate note [recorded in
> † [22]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
>
> † <trackbot> Created ACTION-207 - Setup a poll regarding the fact that
> † RTSP will be discussed in a separate note [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due
> † 2010-12-15].
>
> † <davy_> Issue-17?
>
> † <trackbot> ISSUE-17 -- Media Fragment track names and IRIs -- open
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17
>
> † † [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/17
>
> † <davy_> Yves: or we close it because we don't know how to handle
> † IRIs
>
> † <davy_> ... or we continue discussions
>
> † <raphael> reading the thread starting at
> † [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2010AprJun/
> † 0149.html
>
> † † [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2010AprJun/0149.html
>
> † <davy_> raphael: I18N recommends us to use IRI as reference
>
> † <raphael> Key message:
> † [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2010AprJun/
> † 0153.html
>
> † † [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2010AprJun/0153.html
>
> † <davy_> ACTION: troncy to ask today who will make it to the teleconf
> † next week [recorded in
> † [26]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
>
> † <trackbot> Created ACTION-208 - Ask today who will make it to the
> † teleconf next week [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2010-12-15].
>
> † <davy_> close action-208
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-208 Ask today who will make it to the teleconf
> † next week closed
>
> † <raphael> Raphael: both Erik and Davy cannot make next week telecon
>
> † <davy_> raphael: we will organize early in January a teleconf with
> † everybody, joined by Addison Philips
>
> † <davy_> Issue-10?
>
> † <trackbot> ISSUE-10 -- Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance -- open
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/10
>
> † † [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/10
>
> † <davy_> raphael: related to test cases
>
> † <davy_> issue-9?
>
> † <trackbot> ISSUE-9 -- Should we have the media type inside the Test
> † Cases? -- open
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/9
>
> † † [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/9
>
> † <davy_> raphael: also related to test cases, we can ignore them for
> † transitioning
>
> TEST CASES
>
> † <davy_> Action-167?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-167 -- Erik Mannens to find licence free movies
> † for the automatic test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and
> † the creative commons -- due 2010-06-02 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [29]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/167
>
> † † [29] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/167
>
> † <davy_> raphael: fine to use elephants dream and big bug bunny
> † sequences
>
> † <davy_> ... so we can use these media resources in our demos and
> † examples in the spec
>
> † <raphael> Movies to use:
>
> † <raphael> Sintel, [30]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7KhViaVqc
>
> † † [30] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7KhViaVqc
>
> † <raphael> ... longer version,
> † [31]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ
>
> † † [31] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRsGyueVLvQ
>
> † <raphael> Big Bunny, [32]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGBVzeBUbk
>
> † † [32] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGBVzeBUbk
>
> † <raphael> The Elephant Dreams
>
> † <davy_> close action-167
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-167 Find licence free movies for the automatic
> † test suite ... starting with Elephant Dreams and the creative
> † commons closed
>
> † <davy_> action-168?
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-168 -- Davy Van Deursen to investigate how the
> † automatic test suite could also be done for evaluating the UA
> † behavior -- due 2010-06-02 -- OPEN
>
> † <trackbot>
> † [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/168
>
> † † [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/168
>
> AOB
>
> † <raphael> Raphael: presentation of test cases handling by Davy
> † during the face to face meeting,
> † [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/meetings/2010-11-01-f2
> † f_lyon/
>
> † † [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/meetings/2010-11-01-f2f_lyon/
>
> † <raphael> Raphael: we have an exhaustive list of test cases for the
> † time dimension on the wiki
>
> † <raphael> ... which has been reviewed by Conrad, Silvia, Jack and
> † Philip
>
> † <raphael>
> † [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
>
> † † [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
>
> † <raphael> Davy: I'm happy to convert the information in the wiki
> † into a RDF file
>
> † <raphael> ... this RDF file can then be the input of our test
> † validation framework
>
> † <davy_> close action-168
>
> † <trackbot> ACTION-168 Investigate how the automatic test suite could
> † also be done for evaluating the UA behavior closed
>
> † <davy_> ACTION: Davy to convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version
> † [recorded in
> † [36]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
>
> † <trackbot> Created ACTION-209 - Convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF
> † version [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2010-12-15].
>
> † <davy_> [adjourned]
>
> † <raphael>
> † [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
>
> † † [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension
>
> † <raphael>
> † s/[38]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimensi
> † on//
>
> † † [38] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TemporalDimension//
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> † [NEW] ACTION: Davy to convert TCs from the wiki to an RDF version
> † [recorded in
> † [39]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
> † [NEW] ACTION: silvia to send the MF clarification text to the HTML
> † mailinglist [recorded in
> † [40]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
> † [NEW] ACTION: troncy to ask today who will make it to the teleconf
> † next week [recorded in
> † [41]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
> † [NEW] ACTION: troncy to reopen the MF bug in the HTML5 bug tracker
> † [recorded in
> † [42]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
> † [NEW] ACTION: troncy to setup a poll regarding the fact that RTSP
> † will be discussed in a separate note [recorded in
> † [43]http://www.w3.org/2010/12/08-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
>
> † [End of minutes]
> † † _________________________________________________________
>
>
> † †Minutes formatted by David Booth's [44]scribe.perl version 1.135
> † †([45]CVS log)
> † †$Date: 2010/12/08 11:01:33 $
>
> † † [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
> † † [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
> --
> Davy Van Deursen
>
> Ghent University - IBBT
> Department of Electronics and Information Systems - Multimedia Lab
> URL: http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be/dvdeurse
>
>
>
>
>



-- 
Thomas Steiner, Research Scientist, Google Inc.
http://blog.tomayac.com, http://twitter.com/tomayac
Received on Thursday, 9 December 2010 08:58:51 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:40 GMT